Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Another steamy run

Okay, I'm ready to start posting some entries to this blog.  My usual running schedule involves a run every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  I am planning to start adding in a Saturday run as well.  Wednesdays are usually a longer run.  Today I did 8.5 miles.  This is all in preparation to run my first half marathon on October 29.  Back in March, I started my annual training for the Peachtree Road Race 10K.  A friend told me about an iphone app called "Couch to 10K."  That sounded like a good plan, so I got the app and started doing what the gruff lady told me to do.  About mid-way through the training, though, I found a new running partner on the Silver Comet Trail, which is about a mile from my house.  Within a week, we had ditched the app and started running the whole 6 mile course we had mapped out.

Although I have run 19 Peachtree Road Races, I had never aspired to anything more.  This Summer, for some reason, I have caught the running fever!  I got a subscription to Runner's World magazine, bought some new running clothes, and started reading runners' blogs.  I have also set higher and higher goals.

The biggest road blocks I see in my future are needing to run in the cold (I'm a whimp!) and needing to run at times when Rob is not here to watch the kids.  These problems can be overcome, but I hope my motivation does not dwindle when school starts back and Mom is the teacher.  For now, though, I'm going full steam ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment