Thursday, May 3, 2012

Monthly Recap & Goals - April

April Highlights:

  • Total miles run: 195.5 miles
  • Total number of workouts: 24
  • Fastest training run: 8 miles in 1:02:07 (7:46 pace) on April 9
  • Longest training run: 17 miles in 3:10:46 (11:13 pace) on April 22 in Summerville, GA
  • Race: Run the River 10K in 47:29 (7:40 pace) on April 21 - got a PR, a 3rd place in AG, and met my goal of qualifying for Corral A for next year's Peachtree Road Race
  • Ran Jonquil City Jog 5K with my daughter on April 28 - her first 5K!

This has been my biggest month ever in terms of number of miles run!  I also am happy to be making progress toward all my goals.  I've run at least one race each month; I've finally met the Peachtree Corral A time requirements; I've avoided injury; and, as of the end of April, I have logged 678.2 miles toward my goal of 1500 for the year.

It's been really fun this past month putting in a few more miles on hills and on trails.  This has certainly provided some welcome variety in both terrain and location.  I've also enjoyed a few more group runs.  I can't recommend these highly enough!  My solo morning runs are still great too, but it has been very nice to be able to chat with friends.  It has also been refreshing to put less of an emphasis on pace and more on nature.

It has been a true pleasure running with my daughter this month.  Although I am usually not terribly excited to get out for a second run of the day, even if the pace is slow, I adore watching Ashley in action and seeing her improve with almost every training run.  She has a mighty spirit, and I know she has many good years of running ahead of her.

Finally, I was extremely flattered to be asked by the wonderful ladies at http://anothermotherrunner.com/ to submit some responses to questions that they featured in their weekly "Follow This Mother" spotlight.  You can read the April 4 post on their blog here.

All in all, it has been a very good month!

2 comments:

  1. wow, what an awesome month!! congrats! And congrats on the spotlight too, that's so exciting :) I think May will be a good month for you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Meg! May will certainly be interesting, and I'm super-pumped at having Danielle come visit for my second marathon. You need to get down South some time for a run with us! I have a really good feeling your May is going to ROCK!! I can't wait to read all about it! :-)

      Delete